[Pharo-dev] [Vm-dev] Simulator in Pharo 3

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Thu Feb 13 09:38:31 UTC 2014

> Stefan Marr
>
> Hi Eliot:
>
> On 13 Feb 2014, at 05:46, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hmm.  What's the easiest way to map this to a Monticello mcz so I can
> integrate your changes back into my packages?
>
> I think the bigger question is whether you actually want to adopt those
things.

That the vm says in sync should be a core requirement for our communities.
I realize that there is a split.  There are some really great advancements
going on in pharo-vm including new build methods and configurations.  All of
that has value if pharo can stay in sync with COG developments.  It doesn't
make sense to require Pharo developers to redo Eliot's work or to eliminate
Pharo VM advancements from the Squeak / Newspeak community.  The VM is the
one place where we can continue to work together for the benefit of all
three communities.  We should not, if at all possible, diverge, lest we lose
some excellent contributions from some really terrific people, in one or
another community.

All the best,
Ron Teitelbaum