[Vm-dev] Simulated mousEvents are now pure morphic...your thoughts on tackling keyboard events requested

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 15 00:16:38 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 02:52:43PM -0800, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 5:22 AM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > A image with all the vm simulater stuff loaded would be great!
> > Maybe it could be arranged so it could be available at ftp.squeak.org ?
> >

> Actually there's one in
>

> http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image/{CogTrunk43.image,CogTrunk43.changes}
>
> but I don't update it often enough.  Keeping one on ftp.squeak.org is a
> much better idea.  But it needs to be built automatically, and only after a
> successful VM build.  So I think its a fair bit of work to get to, but
> something I'm trying ot get to in my spare cycles (I got a MacMini for xmas
> to use to build VMs, but its not yet a priority).

Automated builds ... that reminds me (and sorry I did not mention it before),
there seems to be a missing class initialization that affects code generation
when oscog VMMaker is loaded into a fresh Squeak image. Symptoms show up on
build.squeak.org:

  http://build.squeak.org/job/CogVM/492/console

The ProcessorClass class variable in Cogit needs to be initialized to some
default (probably BochsIA32Alien class). I think that this is supposed to
be done by Cogit class>>initializeMiscConstants, so there is probably just
a missing class initializer somewhere.