Re: [Vm-dev] What squeakvm.org/branch and subdirecty to use to build    the StackInterpreter?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Feb 18 00:10:35 UTC 2014

Excellent.

Thank you. I will approach this in the a.m. when I am alert again.

cheers.

tty.

---- On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:02:51 -0800 Eliot Miranda<eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote ----

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:

Hi Eliot,

Thank you, that information is  a time saver.

I will be needing a unixbuild in the oscogvm/ subdirectory alongside of the cygwinbuild,macbuild directories.

OK, it's there.  You'll want to generate the VMs in bldt, dbgbltt, astbltt if possible.  There use a threaded heartbeat, but only work on later linuxes.

I am pretty sure I am generating the correct sources  because I spent a good hour tracking down a duplicate instance variable error that was caused by me  trying to generate the sources for  the StackIntepreterSimulator instead of the StackInterpeter (:
 Tracking that down led me to the  CCodeGeneratorGlobalStructure  doing checks on the tree that the source was being generated which you can see here:

 'array:     {nil . nil . nil . VMClass . ObjectMemory . NewObjectMemory . InterpreterPrimitives . StackInterpreter . StackInterpreterPrimitives . StackInterpreterSimulator . InterpreterStackPages . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil}

So, my bet is that I am generating the StackInterpeter source.

That is a pretty nifty strategy, btw of "encapsulating" the C-Code generation in that class tree.

When I get this done, I will also reach out to  Tim R. and David L. to update their work on the  wiki if they are so inclined.

cordially,

tty.

---- On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:12:20 -0800 Eliot Miranda<eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote ----

 Hi Tty,