[Vm-dev] benchmark repository ?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 01:40:08 UTC 2014

On 27 February 2014 03:45, Clément Bera <bera.clement at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on the Squeak jenkins there's a benchmark job: http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunkPerformance/performance/?
>
> Where is the repository where I can find the code for these benchs ? Are these benchs under MIT license or similar license ? Can I use it to improve my job for the Pharo benchs ( https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/view/VM/job/Pharo-3.0-Benchs/plot/? ) ?

Ultimately, the script that runs the benchmarks are here:
https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-ci/blob/master/benchmarks.st

It's a short script:

Smalltalk at: #Log put: [:msg | | str |
str := DateAndTime now printString, ': ', msg.
FileStream stdout nextPutAll: str; nextPut: Character lf; flush.
Transcript cr; show: str].

Installer installUrl: 'http://source.squeak.org/trunk/XML-Parser-ael.35.mcz'.
(Installer ss3 project: 'Shootout') install: 'Shootout-nice.15.mcz'.
(Installer ss3 project: 'SqueakCI-Benchmarking') install:
'SqueakCI-Benchmarking-JMG.3.mcz'.

Log value: 'starting benchmarks'.
ShootoutTests outputBenchmarkResults.
Log value: 'benchmarking completed'.
WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [ SmalltalkImage current snapshot:
false andQuit: true ].

All three libraries - XML-Parser (Squeak community), Shootout (Nicolas
Cellier) and SqueakCI-Benchmarking (Jeff Gonis) are MIT licensed.

> Thank you.

:)

frank