[Vm-dev] [commit][2854] Source per VMMaker-dtl.339 (VMMaker 4.13.1)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jan 29 04:01:11 UTC 2014

On 28-01-2014, at 1:43 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

>     any objection to using primitive 146 for allInstances and 147 for allObjects?  I like using numbers for the core primitives and these seem like core ones.

Why? It probably doesn’t matter much anymore since you’re changing the OM layout but I did once have hopes of cutting down to less than 127 numbered prims to use only 7 bits in the header. I actually had vague thoughts about having only a few, all to do with loading the named prims… There hasn’t been any speed penalty (once hooked up) for named prims in some years now.

tim
Oxymorons: Advanced BASIC