[Vm-dev] How to think about cogit.c compile error that is consistent in both gnu an cmake builds

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Jul 19 20:18:08 UTC 2014

Hi all

I have done a fresh  svn co http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog

After doing that my previously successfull  cmake build bit the dust.

As a sanity check, I then attempted a  mvm build in  build.linux32x86/squeak.cog.v3/build/mvm and this bombed out.

The same mvm build on an older source tree works fine.

For the c build, it gripes a lot about a lot of 'x' is used but never defined  and ends with:

/../oscogvm/src/vm/cogit.c:1094:14: warning: 'oopisLessThan' used but never defined [enabled by default]
 static sqInt oopisLessThan(sqInt anOop, sqInt otherOop) NoDbgRegParms;
 ^
make[1]: *** [cogit.o] Error 1
make: *** [vm/vm.a] Error 2

My cmake build (which was working prior to my svn CO of the latest) started complaining along similar lines:

 /..../oscogvm/src/vm/cogit.c:21286:1: error: conflicting types for 'oopisLessThan'
oopisLessThan(sqInt anOop, sqInt otherOop)
^
/.../oscogvm/src/vm/cogit.c:1094:14: note: previous declaration of 'oopisLessThan' was here
static sqInt oopisLessThan(sqInt anOop, sqInt otherOop) NoDbgRegParms;
^
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/cog.dir/home/wm/usr/src/smalltalk/CMake.oscog/cogVMMaker/Contents/Resources/oscogvm/src/vm/cogit.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cog.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any pointers on how to think about this are appreciated.

cheers.

tty

thx.

tty