[Vm-dev] Status of LargeIntergersPlugin

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jul 20 18:17:20 UTC 2014

We have updates to LargeIntegerPlugin here:

>   Name: VMMaker.oscog-eem.794
>   Author: eem
>   Time: 2 July 2014, 3:40:54.432 pm
>   UUID: 7fd23b24-d4aa-4291-996a-760b99e0d7e2
>   Ancestors: VMMaker.oscog-eem.793
>
>   Fix the shift for divide issues in the LargeIntegersPlugin.
>   Add code to generateDivide:on:indent: to spit out checking
>   asserts if required.
>
>   Change the SmartSyntaxPluginCodeGenerator to generate
>   code that ifdefs out the remapOop:in: rigmarole on Spur.

We also have a more extensive set of updates that Nicolas provided in email
to the list (because saving to MC was failing at the time of the discussion).

Both sets of changes seem to work in VMM trunk, and the unit tests pass with
both implementations.

The earlier discussion on this got sidetracked by the ZipPlugin issue, but
I would like to get VMM trunk updated with whichever implementation we want
to ultimately use.

I'm not sure where we stand on this, so let me just ask:

Nicolas: Is the LargeIntegersPlugin that you provided in recent email to
vm-dev suitable for inclusion in the VMs? In other words, are you happy that
this is a final version and ready for inclusion?

Eliot: Is there any reason that we should not adopt the changes from Nicolas?
If you are comfortable using that version, can we adopt it in trunk and oscog
branches?

Thanks,