[Vm-dev] mingw- and cygwinbuilds

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 05:46:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 5:48 PM, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am unfamiliar with Mingw and I have installed the binutils per the
> HowToBuild. Running the mvm I get a 'make: command not found'.

The HowToBuild should mention cygwin, not mingw.  Cog has always used
cygwin.  The old gcc 2.95 compiler in mingw was no good.  The HowToBuild
says you need the mingw support from cygwin.  However, this may all fall in
a heap with newer cygwins.  I think Göran has been successful in building
using later cygwins.  Is that true Göran?

--
best,
Eliot