Re: [Vm-dev] Links to Existing BochsIA32 info I can add to the class    comment?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Jun 3 12:45:50 UTC 2014

Hi Stefan.

>The most relevant part is this method, I think:

>https://github.com/smarr/pharo-vm/blob/a4462dd599c919775ff3910fdca9891fd7be7a97/mc/CMakeVMMaker.package/CPlatformConfig.class/instance/configureBochsIA32Plugin..st

>It is the CMakeVMMaker definition to downloads two files we do not want in the repo, sets the necessary flags, and executes Eliot’s scripts.

Thank you. I have your link flagged for follow up as I proceed.

Your link reminds me of an issue I have ignored on the Squeak port of the CMakeVMaker work and that is the dynamic loading of "extra stuff" that the Pharo team does using git;

cmd: 'file' params: 'DOWNLOAD "http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.sub;hb=HEAD" "${topDir}/processors/IA32/bochs/config.sub" STATUS downloadStatus SHOW_PROGRESS';
cmd: 'file' params: 'DOWNLOAD "http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD" "$"${topDir}/processors/IA32/bochs/config.guess" STATUS downloadStatus SHOW_PROGRESS'
 You also do something similar in the build.sh script's call to ../scripts/extract-commit-info.sh which does a git call too. I think I have seen stuff to load required libraries too.

cordially,

tty