[Vm-dev] MacOS vs MacOSX?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:42:40 UTC 2014

I think it's pretty safe to say that there aren't too many 68k machines
still running on a daily basis, whether or not any of them ever ran Squeak.
PPC is probably still worth supporting presently.

It seems likely that Squeak was originally bootstrapped on a 68k machine,
but I think part of the goal was to get rid of that old hunk of junk:)

"Worse yet, the original interpreter consisted of 120 pages of sparsely
commented 68020 assembly code"
-- from Back to the Future: The Story of Squeak, A Practical Smalltalk
Written in Itself

P.S.

I'm glad to see that you intend to support the PDP11, BTW!