[Vm-dev] sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h (was: [commit][2953] In sqFileOpen() ensure that Mac file characteristics are set only when a new file is created)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 05:32:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> Possibly related - I was talk ing with IanP a while back about the
> technique for extracting the latest revision number from SVN; his code
> is/was using some messing with unix/Changleog to work it out. Whilst trying
> to do something else I spotted the svnversion command which appears to do
> something not entirely unrelated
>  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svnversion.re.html

yes, but...   It has to be called from your makefile, and its far from
swift.  The way that I'm doing it one has mention in the source of what
version one's using.  With svnversion there isn't.  Hence things like svn
export will leave you with something useless.  IMO, svnversion is crap.
 Instead there should be a property on a file which causes it to be edited
to the current version on checkin, with no further action.  But what I have
with the checkin script is tolerable.

--
best,
Eliot