[Vm-dev] FFIPlugin ThreadedFFIPlugin which one for builds?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Jun 11 14:41:35 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot.

I searched my emails for those terms and did not find them. I hope I am not re-asking a question you answered earlier.

In plugins.ext for build.linux is SqueakFFIPrims. I need to load the Smalltalk class for CMake. This is determined by the class that answers 'SqueakFFIPrims' to the message moduleName

|s|
Transcript clear.
InterpreterPlugin allSubclassesDo:[:p|
       p moduleName = 'SqueakFFIPrims'
             ifTrue:[Transcript show:p name;cr]].

Both FFIPlugin and ThreadedFFIPlugin answer SqueakFFIPrims when sent the message moduleName

Does the processor type determine which to use?

Or is their a  rule for which to use with each of:

newspeak.cog.spur
newspeak.cog.v3
newspeak.sista.spur
newspeak.sista.v3