[Vm-dev] CMakeVMMaker in a nutshell

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Jun 11 21:52:38 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I just took the time to trace out the core of the CMakeVMMaker code and I have a first draft of what it is.

 CMakeVMMaker in a couple of sentences.

The heart of the package is CMakeGenerator and its two subclasses CMakeVMGenerator and CMakePluginGenerator.

CMakeGenerator collects information from CPlatformConf, CMThirdpartyLibrary and InterpreterPlugins and writes it out to CMake files and associated directories. From there, the user invokes cmake and make using a generated build.sh script.

The programmer directs the flow of the generator by coding a subclass of CPlatformConf, setting it up correctly and asking it to generate itself. The configuration then invokes the CMakeVMGenerator passing itself as an argument. The VMGeneratator extracts the information and utilizes VMPluginGenerator to generate plugin stuff, the CPlatformConf to generate other stuff and CMThirdPartyLibrary's to generate other stuff. The end result is a CMake evironment that is set up to correctly build a VM

I will tighten that up as I develop the configurations going forward, but I thought you might want the birds-eye view of what it does.

cheers.

tty