[Vm-dev] interesting difference between VMMaker-oscog and VMMaker.oscog on ThreadedIA32FFIPlugin moduleName

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Jun 14 18:03:41 UTC 2014

Hi all.

I *think* this is a pharo plugin issue.

I am sequentially working through the pharo CMakeVMMaker and the squeak CMakeVMMakerSqueak on a common Configuration

       CogUnixNoGLConfig new
       generate

And going line-by-line in CMakeVMGenerator>generate method to verify that CMakeLists.txt match exactly and nothing is missing)

At this line in the 'generate" method, I get a discrepency on ThreadedIA32FFIPlugin moduleName (using as an external plugin).

self processPlugins: intPlugins, extPlugins.

For pharo, I get:

ThreadedIA32FFIPlugin moduleName 'SqueakFFIPrims'

On squeak I get:

ThreadedIA32FFIPlugin moduleName 'IA32FFIPlugin'

If I remember correctly, that pharo plugin  is out of date.

Pharo and VMaker and CMakeVMaker are:
Pharo2.0
Latest update: #20628
Name: VMMaker-oscog-nice13154.314
Name: CMakeVMMaker-jeanbaptistearnaud.282

Squeak and VMMaker and CMakeVMMaker are:

Squeak4.5 latest update: #13680
Name: VMMaker.oscog-eem.773
Name: CMakeVMMaker-jeanbaptistearnaud.282

So, I thought I would give a heads up.

cheers.

tty