[Vm-dev] tty's hypothesis on configH in CMakeVMMaker

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 16 17:41:25 UTC 2014

> Yes, config.h is a leftover of old make process

Just a small flag-wave from the bleachers; if we can possibly do so, please change the name of config.h to something like squeakvmconfig.h

Why? Well it might be a nice convention to have your configuration phase create a file that encapsulates all the config stuff and obviously that file ought to be called config.h BUT when you have to mix headers from different projects -such as when building the gdbarm simulator it gets to be a bit of a problem for both sets of files to have a config.h in their include trees. I expect there is some deeply clever unixy way of handling this but for those of us with human brains it might be a lot easier to handle with distinct names.

Just a thought.

tim
Useful random insult:- Sailboat fuel for brains.