[Vm-dev] running 'configure' command from within Squeak and then loading that config.h into my object...similar work done?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Jun 27 20:46:19 UTC 2014

Hi all

In Ian's CMake infrastructure, the instructions require the user to run the configure command before invoking cmake.

For the CMakeVMMaker(Squeak) we currently have config.h embedded in the class.

For my first configuration after this massive refactoring I have done, I first ran the 'mvm' on the GNU side and then cut-n-paste that generated config.h into my class.

That's ok for an intermediate step, but I would like to take it a step further and...

1. invoke configure from squeak (I have the configure flags like '--without-npsqueak --without-gl...etc" embedded in the class, so they are avaiable to invoke configure with)
2. detect the success or failure of the configure command
3. if successful, load the generated config.h into my class (actually, this is redundant, but it may come in handy)
4. continue as normal.

Does this sound reasonable to everybody?

thx,

tty