[Vm-dev] running 'configure' command from within Squeak and then loading that config.h into my object...similar work done?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 20:58:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:46 PM, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> In Ian's CMake infrastructure, the instructions require the user to run
> the configure command before invoking cmake.
>
> For the CMakeVMMaker(Squeak) we currently have config.h embedded in the
> class.
>
> For my first configuration after this massive refactoring I have done, I
> first ran the 'mvm' on the GNU side and then cut-n-paste that generated
> config.h into my class.

Tta;s an absurd thing to do.  It means that we need a different class for
every single different release of a Unix OS, because the generated config.h
could potentially change with every different release of a Unix OS.
 config.h has *no* place in the image.  It must be generated at compile
time.

--
best,
Eliot