[Vm-dev] What I would like to do is get a 64 bit VM compiled to native 64 powering a 64 bit image.

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Mar 12 15:46:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 08:30:41AM -0700, gettimothy wrote:

> David,
>
> You sent a reply outlining how to build native 64 bit  StackInterpreter which I accidently deleted. If you have it handy, and not a waste of your time, could you please repost it?

Hi tty,

The slightly out of date instructions are at:
  http://squeakvm.org/unix/devel.html

You can follow those instructions, but use the latest versions of Squeak, VMMaker,
Subversion sources, etc rather than the older versions cited in those instuctions.

An overview of 64-bit VM and image terminology is at:
  http://squeakvm.org/squeak64/

You can find an automated build here which may be helpful to illustrate the process:
  http://build.squeak.org/job/InterpreterVM/

The script that does the work is:
  http://build.squeak.org/job/InterpreterVM/ws/VMUnixBuild.st

If you use the script, edit it at the place marked "EDIT HERE".

Note that this is for the standard interpreter VM. StackInterpreter is currently
limited to 32-bit executables.