Re: [Vm-dev] What I would like to do is get a 64 bit VM compiled to    native 64 powering a 64 bit image.

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Mar 12 16:12:26 UTC 2014

David.

Gmane has the thread--sorry for the noise, I have been doing PHP work for the past week and it has induced brain-rot.

You gave the outline on creating a 64x64 squeak4.x standardVM..

Apologies for those outdated docs, but if you use the latest Squeak trunk image along with the latest VMMaker (trunk interpreter) and the latest SystemTracing tracer, then all the pieces should play together nicely. There is no need to go back to a Squeak 3.8 time frame, although Squeak 3.8 was a nice and very solid release, and worth revisiting on its own merits :)

So, I will do that before turning my attention to the StackInterpreter issues.

thx.

tty

---- On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:30:41 -0700 gettimothy<gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote ----

 David,

You sent a reply outlining how to build native 64 bit  StackInterpreter which I accidently deleted. If you have it handy, and not a waste of your time, could you please repost it?

"No" is a good answer if you are not inclined.

thx.

tty