[Vm-dev] when the vm crashes...

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 27 15:12:19 UTC 2014

>  Is there enough information in the attached file to point to a possible
> cause?
>
> Cheers,
> Bob

Eliot can probably provide a better answer than this, but if I can believe
what Google tells me about "EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)", then it seems likely
that this is a memory access violation somehow associated with allocating
in new object in the object memory. Beyond that I don't see any obvious
indication of the cause.

Google also suggests that if you have McAfee on your Mac (I'm not sure why
anyone would do that), then get rid of it because it apparently causes
problems like this.

If the failure is reasonably repeatable, then you can try running your
image on an interpreter VM from http://squeakvm.org/unix/ and see if the
symptoms change (although I think this requires installing X11 and
Freetype on your Mac in order to run the VM).