[Vm-dev] PharoVM on Windows & Code::Blocks for debugging

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Mon Mar 31 21:13:42 UTC 2014

I'd like to know if someone managed to get Code::Blocks to work with the
MinGW configuration.

I've the build running from the command line.

I can also configure C::B to use makefiles.

Now, there seems to be some glitches and was curious to know if someone had
a working setup.

(Yes, one can use gdb in the command line mode, but it is ugly. And TUI
doens't work on Windows).

There are many interesting pieces of code in the Windows platform code.
And I'd like (at one point) to have a real headless Pharo.exe

There are also the pieces to get the Pharo.exe run as a service natively.

I've been studying this with SourceNavigator and done basic gdb work. But
for larger work, I'd like to have a decent IDE.

NOTE: my email appears to bounce on the vm-dev list, please someone help me
sort that out.

Phil