[Vm-dev] preferred methodology for handling Pharo'isms on Squeak?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat May 10 18:58:26 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot.

---- On Sat, 10 May 2014 11:27:30 -0700 Eliot Miranda<eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote ----

+1.  But I recommend a compatibility package that is loaded alongside to provide the missing support in Squeak.  Then methods (& classes) can be moved from there into Squeak when we see fit.

Thanks

I started by adding the protocol 'Squeak compatibility' to the CPlatformConfig class and then putting squeakDoFoo in there when doFoo is incompatible with Squeak.
However, your approach is the one to take. It neither forks nor clutters the existing pharo CMakeVMMaker package.

Mini-refactoring #1 here we go!

Cordially,

tty