[Vm-dev] Re: About FreeType in Squeak4.5

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu May 15 02:17:02 UTC 2014

 Hi Guys,

cut-n-paste from gmane providing context at bottom of this message.

Edit  BuildSqueak45Image.st as follows:

Because 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FreeTypePlus' uses underscore selectors preference, it must be enabled to do so, add at top under local vars:

Scanner prefAllowUnderscoreSelectors: true.

(CMakeVMMaker uses them as well, so that preference comes in handy for that!)

 Then find the 'toxic' line and add below it:

"('http://www.squeaksource.com/FreeTypePlus' 5 ('FreeType')) can't load this. it is toxic to Squeak 4.5"
 ('http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FreeTypePlus' 5 ('FreeTypeConstants' 'FreeType'))

The auto-load ran to completion.

I then manually installed the FreeTypePlus tests and they all (23) ran to completion.

I can send a follow up with the BuildSqueak45Image.st if you like.

Cordially,

tty.

----------------begin cut-n-paste for context----------------------