[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] 32 bits and 64 bits VM

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri May 16 14:52:14 UTC 2014

I wonder how.
AFAIK different length of word will warranty that you cannot use most of the plugins (in the case you actually can compile the vm without made any change).
I know Dave made the interpreter vm compilable in 64bits, with a flag or something. But that not talks about the plugins (FFI, in particular, I do not think will work).
For compiling the stack/cog there are other problems, I think. I may be wrong, but even the StackVM will have some problems because registers change in 64bits.
… or I’m having wrong assumptions, and it is easily feasible, but I do not think so.

Esteban