[Vm-dev] CMakeVMMaker what is repository for latest? and how to????????sync with source.squeak.org?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat May 17 00:27:26 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot.

1. fire up a VMMaker image, modify the configuration there-in and publish the new CMakeVMMaker package.
2. generate the relevant configurations from that image
3. check-in the modified svn source tree
4. check out the svn source tree and build

Note that step 4 can ten be done on its own without doing steps 1. 2. & 3. providing a repeatable VM build.

That is exactly what I am implementing. To simplify the problem set, I use a stripped copy of the Cog tree so that only CMake stuff shows up.
After I get a Cog config in place and running I will attempt to get the GNU and CMake to co-exist, but....

I don't know; I don't use cmake.  But that's what one can do with autoconf.  And that's what one needs to be able to do with cmake.  Isn't it simply that CMakeVMMaker generates cmake input files?

CMake is a build system generator. One of the systems it generates is GNU Makefiles. I do not know if it will clobber any existing auto-tools/Makefile stuff in the process.

If the two cannot co-exist cleanly, then we will have to address that issue "somehow".

>From our conversation, I am now confident that I am on the right track and that this can be done.

Cordially,

tty.