[Vm-dev] Naming convetions for Cog unix builds question (abldt, bldt, dbldt, astbldt, asbld etc)

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Mon May 26 16:41:12 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot,

I would like to name the CMakeConfigurations so that the build directory they are deposited in is intuitive and is in line with your current thought processes.

I cannot figure out the heuristics of some of the abbreviations below:

+ [ ] abldt
 + [ ] bldt
 + [ ] dbldt
+ [ ] astbld
 + [ ] astbldt
+ [ ] bldt
+ [ ] dbgbld  debug build?
 + [ ] dbgbldt
+ [ ] astbld
 + [ ] astbldt
+ [X] bld      Cog Unix 32 build
+ [ ] bldt
+ [ ] dbgbld
+ [ ] dbgbldt
+ [ ] abld
 + [ ] abldt
+ [ ] dbld     debug build?
 + [ ] dbldt
 + [ ] mtbld
 + [ ] mtbldt

I assume ....
'bld' is the default 32 bit unix build
'mtbld' is multi-threaded
'dbld' and 'dbgbld' are probably debug enabled
the 'a*' and '*t' directories have me stumped.

If you have a moment, it will help clarity going forward.

thx,

tty