[Vm-dev] -DNDEBUG

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri May 30 18:27:59 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot.

I have the /build.linux32x86/squeak.stack.v3/ tree ported. Since I am on a 64 bit machine with 32 bit libs, I cannot test these--however, the configuration compilation steps run--compilation just fails.

In build.linux32x86_64/squeak.stack.v3/  I can build just fine as I have configuration options that work for this platform for both mvm and mvm_assert.

However, whenever I compile anything without the -DNDEBUG preprocessor flag (which, according to my reading, has the preprocessor strip out debugging code) the compile fails.
This is effecting mvm_debug and mvm_debug_threaded_heartbeat.

I really do not feel like tracking this down at the moment and am considering adopting the policy of only adding mvm scripts that work.

What do you think?

thx.

tty