Eliminating literal C code (was Re: [Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMakerJS-bf.14.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Nov 4 13:48:35 UTC 2014

On 03.11.2014, at 19:43, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bert,
>
>    instead of all these hacks for cCode:inSmalltalk: why not add cCode:jsCode:inSmalltalk: ?

Well, I initially didn't want to touch any plugin code. And I don't want to burden plugin writers with yet another thing to keep in mind.

The Right Thing to do would be to eliminate the uses of literal C code in those plugins that do not link to external libraries (which are the ones I translated to JS).

- Bert -