[Vm-dev] SqueakJS

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 00:03:07 UTC 2014

On 16 November 2014 20:56, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> Oh, btw, I think SqueakJS is getting near where I would call it
> "reasonably complete".
>
> It is now much simpler to experiment with your own images: Give it a try at
>
>         http://bertfreudenberg.github.io/SqueakJS/run/
>
> I have not made it load Spur images, nor 64 bit ones, but everything else
> should pretty much work. As long as it doesn't need more than these plugins:
>
> * ADPCMCodecPlugin
> * B2DPlugin
> * BitBltPlugin
> * FFTPlugin
> * FilePlugin
> * FloatArrayPlugin
> * GeniePlugin
> * JPEGReadWriter2Plugin
> * JPEGReaderPlugin
> * KedamaPlugin
> * KedamaPlugin2
> * Klatt
> * LargeIntegers
> * Matrix2x3Plugin
> * MiscPrimitivePlugin
> * ScratchPlugin
> * SecurityPlugin
> * SoundGenerationPlugin
> * SoundPlugin
> * StarSqueakPlugin
> * ZipPlugin
>
> someone someday should really revise this list.
- zip plugin, using years old version of zlib , that statically linked with
VM,
instead of linking with one, provided by a system (a recommended way, btw)
- same goes to JPEG plugins, again statically linking with years old
version of jpeg library

- some plugins are not used at all, for instance i never heard any
discussions (being in mailing lists since 2006 )
related to use of things like Klatt, or Genie, or StarSqueak or Kedama,
except ones, discussing compilation of these plugins.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.