[Vm-dev] SqueakJS

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 02:17:29 UTC 2014

oops, pressed wrong key.. sending mail before i finished replying..
sorry i was thinking you were talking about 'traditional' VM, concerning
plugins
and so, sidetracked..

so i will comment what is left:

> - some plugins are not used at all, for instance i never heard any
> discussions (being in mailing lists since 2006 )
> related to use of things like Klatt,
>

> There is nothing to discuss. It's implemented in pure Slang. I tested it,
> it works. Speech Synthesis is cool.
>
> Cool are not synonym to useful. :)

> or Genie
>

> Just because *you* don't have a need for a gesture recognizer doesn't mean
> it's useless.

Gesture recognition is indeed useful, especially in presence of modern
multi-touch devices.
But, tell me who actively maintaining the image-side project that uses
Genie plugin?
When have you heard/seen it last time were used, able to run and working?
Forgive me my suspicion, but it feels like it is long time dead.
I do not want to offend anyone, especially authors of this project.. but if
software is not actively maintained and updated, it dies with silent death.
Of course, as a prudent home-owners, we could put it somewhere in our house
(most probably on the attic in big old chest, where we collect all the
exceptionally useful things, which are too valuable for our memories to
throw them away).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.