[Vm-dev] Google Chrome Native Client Technology and PharoVM

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 21 11:03:01 UTC 2014

On 21.11.2014, at 11:17, phil at highoctane.be wrote:

> https://developer.chrome.com/native-client
>
> provides support for running native stuff inside the browser (a kind of VMWare inside the browser).
>
> It would make sense to have Pharo running that way.
>
> Is there anyone looking into this?

"Fork me on Github" :)

	https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/NaClSqueak

Yoshiki Ohshima got Etoys running in Native Client a couple years ago. I tried it back then. It's not working in current Chrome anymore because this was done in a beta version of NaCl.

This would be an excellent starting point. It shouldn't be too hard to bring up-to-date.

- Bert -