[Vm-dev] compiling the stack VM with LLVM at -Ofasty

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Oct 9 18:35:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 11:20:44AM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> What's the bug?  The llvm folks claim their compiler passes the test suites
> and is correct (but I'm not siding with them).  So I'm very curious...

Well, a start would be to address the compiler warnings and compiler
errors (e.g. warnings about integer/long shifts, returning voide from
a method that should return int)

I had already raised some of these points when building your cog
branch on FreeBSD with clang. In terms of system tools using the undefined
behavior sanitizer and address sanitizer might reveal some further
issues.

cheers
	holger