[Vm-dev] DPI Virtualization

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Oct 15 14:19:49 UTC 2014

The newest Cog VMs seem to send "I know about DPI virtualization" to the
operating system. Can this be turned off again via command line parameter?
:)

Here is why: MS Windows provides an easy way to turn off automatic scaling
for old-style programs so that you can see every pixel again. Seems to be
much easier than on MacOS systems. On my Surface, however, I have a high
pixel density and prefer the scaling because my Squeak does not have
high-resolution icons and fonts etc. Now, with the newest Cog VMs,
everything is always too small for me. :-/

Best,
Marcel