[Vm-dev] primitiveClipboardText mangling line endings

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Oct 25 19:04:29 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I found that it's impossile to copy text from one image to another without
losing all CR characters.
If you open two images, and evaluate [Clipboard default
primitiveClipboardText: #[13].] in one of them, then evaluate
[Clipboard default primitiveClipboardText asByteArray.] in the other,
you'll get #[] - an empty ByteArray. So CRs are lost. The same thing
happens with longer strings too.
Using the same method, I found that LFs and CRLFs are converted to CRs.
I found this issue on Ubuntu 14.04 with Cog 3018 and 3104. I haven't tried
any other VMs or OSes.

Levente