[Vm-dev] CogVM on FreeBSD
Holger Hans Peter Freyther
holger at freyther.de
Fri Sep 12 18:03:48 UTC 2014
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 02:27:36PM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
thank you for the quick info.
> Cog doesn't run on FreeBSD at the moment, alas. Mainly because we lack
> a FreeBSD expert who can tell us some bits around mcontexts and
> ucontext_t things. If Eliot's OK with it, I can copy here the last
> mail he sent me on the topic, when last he & I (mainly he!) took a run
> at the problem.
to me it looks like:
* fight bashism/gnuism.. or at least use "/usr/bin/env bash" instead
of hardcoding /bin/bash
* There seems to be quite some code that doesn't compile with clang.
(e.g. return from a function without value. this applies to plugins
with imported code and main Cog code)
* gcc/g++ doesn't exist but the usage is hardcoded in quite some
places. E.g. regenerating libtool could do wonder
* External libs/dependencies. When using COMPAT32 there is no libuuid
and I think I could do without the UUID Plugin.
* For "backtrace" one needs to link -lexecinfo starting from FreeBSD
What interests me more is how to get patches into the Cog branch? My
SCTP socket support and autoconf clean-ups never made it into the
More information about the Vm-dev