[Vm-dev] Squeak OSX VM 6.0 pending

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 8 02:07:34 UTC 2015

It's been I'm told 5 years and a handful of weeks since I last contributed
to the macintosh/ios VM. source tree.

Given some polite requests from other VM maintainers I've come back for a
bit to build out an Xcode project for use in Cog development.

I have some pending changes from the folks who did Pyonkee but first I
wanted to update the trunk/platform/ios tree so that you could build a
debug vm using the current interp.c  This was completed this afternoon and
gives:

3488 run, 3428 passes, 23 expected failures, 36 failures, 0 errors, 1
unexpected passes

If someone could sort out what is broken/failed that would be helpful?
I'll supply a link to a VM if you request it.

Tomorrow I"ll look at integrating the Pyonkee changes which modernize the
VM & enable ARC. Then shortly if things go well a Cog VM.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk