[Vm-dev] linux ht cog vm

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Apr 9 21:25:08 UTC 2015

On 09.04.2015, at 23:14, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 11:14 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I have wondered, isn't there any other way to have the
> ht cog vm run, _without_ instructing users to change
> shady system config files? I can't ask my students
> to do that, really…
>
> Why not?  Their laptops are personal machines and if linux requires stupidities like restricting thread priorities through shady config files one can only bow to linux right?

Nope. No dice.
It has to be a 'double click experience' for all OSes.
You can't imagine how
	"We got this nice software here you'll be working with the next semester
	but because we are such nice guys please change system files for us"
sounds to students.
We got enough trouble on the image side nonetheless :)
Best
	-Tobias