[Vm-dev] linux ht cog vm

Steve Rees squeak-vm-dev at vimes.worldonline.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 23:06:52 UTC 2015

Hi Tobias,
The normal way to handle this would be as part of the installation
process. A yum or apt package can make the modifications necessary by,
for example, installing a squeakvm.conf file in the appropriate
directory (/etc/security/limits.d on Ubuntu, other distros may vary).

This is where package maintainers can add value for a tool such as
squeak. They can hide all the nasty config file changes that a
particular tool may require that may freak out the uninitiated. Asking
someone to "apt-get install squeakvm" is so much nicer than asking them
to edit config files :) You "just" need to find someone to do the leg work.

Steve

--
You can follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/smalltalkhacker