[Vm-dev] Cog VM FilePlugin issue

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at web.de
Fri Apr 10 07:37:38 UTC 2015

> It appears that there's a behavior difference between recent Cog and
> Pharo/Seaside (which I assume is just the Squeak VM?)

No, it is pharo only.
Pharo changed the fileplugin because it has a different abstraction
for the platform file system.
Instead of the squeak classes FileDirectory/DirectoryEntry...
it uses the newer in FileSystem-/Disk/Store/Memory.

This File API and the underlaying FilePlugin provide
more file attributes (Permissions and isSymlink)