[Vm-dev] NativeBoost / Callbacks and Multithreading

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at web.de
Fri Apr 17 07:06:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've tried to build a pharovm with multithread support. I changed the
config in the
pharo generator.image to use the cogmt config and was able to build a vm.
But this vm crashes on startup. (windows7)

Is this the right way and did anyone got this to work (windows or linux)?

And can this work to make NB callbacks working for multithreaded libraries.

(I made some simple bindings for the gstreamer lib with NB, this works
for simple calls (create element/change state). But I guess this won't work
for any gstreamer function that requests a callback that may b e called from
a different thread)

Would this be the right way to do:
- build a vm with MT support
- guard the NB callback entry/leave code with the ownVM()/disownVM() call.

Or is there more to do.

Thanks in advance

nicolai