[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-eem.1220.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Apr 19 18:25:24 UTC 2015

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-eem.1220.mcz

Name: VMMaker.oscog-eem.1220
Author: eem
Time: 19 April 2015, 11:23:30.505 am
UUID: 3cb0dbde-58a9-46ec-877f-ee998b93e538
Ancestors: VMMaker.oscog-tpr.1219

commentary

=============== Diff against VMMaker.oscog-tpr.1219 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Cogit>>CallFullRT: (in category 'method map') -----
  CallFullRT: callTarget
+ 	"Big assumption here that calls and jumps look the same as regards their displacement.
+ 	 This works on at least x86, ARM and x86_64.
+ 	 CallFull is intended to be for calls anywhere in our address space.
+ 	 See also Call which calls within our *code* space"
  	<inline: true>
  	<returnTypeC: #'AbstractInstruction *'>
  	^self annotateCall: (self CallFull: callTarget)!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Cogit>>CallRT: (in category 'method map') -----
  CallRT: callTarget
  	"Big assumption here that calls and jumps look the same as regards their displacement.
+ 	 This works on at least x86, ARM and x86_64."
- 	 This works on x86 and I think on ARM."
  	<inline: true>
  	<returnTypeC: #'AbstractInstruction *'>
  	^self annotateCall: (self Call: callTarget)!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Cogit>>JumpFullRT: (in category 'method map') -----
  JumpFullRT: callTarget
  	"Big assumption here that calls and jumps look the same as regards their displacement.
+ 	 This works on at least x86, ARM and x86_64.
+ 	 JumpFull is intended to be for jumps anywhere in our address space.
+ 	 See also JumpLong et al. which jump within our *code* space"
- 	 This works on x86 and I think on ARM.
- 	JumpFull is intended to be the jumps anywhere in our address space. See also JumpLong et al. which jump within our *code* space"
  	<inline: true>
  	<returnTypeC: #'AbstractInstruction *'>
  	^self annotateCall: (self JumpFull: callTarget)!