[Vm-dev] Stream Control Transmission Protocol

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Wed Aug 5 17:59:35 UTC 2015

Going through old issues, I see one [1] regarding adding SCTP [2]
support.  I've not heard of this protocol before. What are its
benefits and use case for Pharo/Squeak ?

Regarding our resource constraints, modularisation goal and ongoing
support, what is our strategy for this?
1. Integrate for Pharo 5?
2. Integrate into VM as plugin and have as external Configuration for
image?  (btw, remind me if a Configuration can also add a VM plugin?)
3. Continue to leave it for later.
4. Decline to use it.

Holger, What application are you using this for, and how are you
managing to work with this at the moment?

[1] https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?7346
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream_Control_Transmission_Protocol

cheers -ben