[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 6 01:13:42 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 07:21:47PM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:

> DSAPlugin class is in VMMaker, and also in the Cryptography repository. The
> one in VMMaker seems to compile cleanly, but the one in Cryptography does not
> (at least not in my trunk VMM / cmake / 64-bit linux environment). I did not
> look closely for the reason, but I want to ask first if the DSAPlugin
> belongs in VMMaker, or should it live in in the Cryptography repository?

I need to correct what I said here. The DSAPlugin in Cryptography *does*
compile cleanly, I'm not sure what my earlier problem was. I also did a
closer comparison of the DSAPlugin in VMMaker versus the one one Cryptography,
and they are the same except for method time stamps and a trivial formatting
difference.

Therefore the open issues I see for DSAPlugin are:

1) Which repository/package should DSAPlugin be in?

2) Why isn't the cmake build working for generating the plugin?

Question 1) should be at the discretion of the authors/maintainers of the
Cryptography plugins, and 2) is probably just a glitch in the build configuration.

FWIW, my personal preference would be to use the plugins directly from the
Cryptography repository, deleting the DSAPlugin in VMMaker (trunk + oscog),
and updating configuration maps or build scripts to point to Cryptography.