[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Crypto plugins for ubuntu 32-bits

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Dec 7 00:30:48 UTC 2015

Hi Robert,

I think I have overcome my confusion with build problems for the
plugins.

I am looking at DSAPlugin in the Monticello history (in the Cryptography
repository) of CryptographyPlugins-rww.9, and it looks to me like the
intention (in 2010) was to remove DSAPlugin "because it's already in
VMMaker", but that it was added back in a later update. Unfortunately the
class side methods for DSAPlugin were then missing from the plugin.

The two missing methods are present in CryptographyPlugins-rww.4. Can you
please add these two methods back to DSAPlugin? The missing methods are
DSAPlugin class>>declareCVarsIn: and DSAPlugin class>>moduleName.

I figured out my earlier problems with compiling. The missing class
methods (see above) were the cause of my original difficulty, and the
"cmake problem" that I mentioned was just a dumb mistake on my part,
I was accidentally compiling the plugin as an internal plugin and did
not notice my configuration mistake. So all is well with building the
four Cryptography plugins after the two class side methods are restored
to DSAPlugin.

Thanks,
Dave