Building linux64 (was [Vm-dev] Squeak stopped launching: could not find any display driver

Robert Withers robert.w.withers at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 20:37:32 UTC 2015

Please disregard to X11 issue. I had to apt-get libX11-dev:i386 and
libxext-dev:i386 and it compiles and works.  Oops, I can now build but
no a display driver problem again.  I'll keep digging.

I started trying to compile linux64x64 and ran into an issue. The
compiler option -V fails. In the unix/config/configure script, comment
out the below:

# { (eval echo "$as_me:$LINENO: \"$ac_compiler -V </dev/null >&5\"") >&5
#   (eval $ac_compiler -V </dev/null >&5) 2>&5
#   ac_status=$?
#   echo "$as_me:$LINENO: \$? = $ac_status" >&5
#   (exit $ac_status); }

Best,
Robert