[Vm-dev] building on a mac

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Wed Dec 16 01:49:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 9:31 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

>> On 15-12-2015, at 5:27 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>>     first what's the rationale for building them internally?  The current SSL plugins are external and there are advantages to them being external.
>
> Just in case there is any idea that it would make the system ‘more secure’ remember that an external plugin of the appropriate name is supposed to over-ride any internal one; this was originally designed to allow replacing a faulty plugin without having to replace the entire VM.

I'm curious where replacing just a faulty plugin rather than the full
VM would be a practical advantage?  Can this be done without shutting
down the image (in which case I can see one for a high availability
control system).
I guess you would need to be careful to checkout the same version VM
code as the starting point of a fix.
cheers -ben