[Vm-dev] Re: Cog Rump Xen unikernel (spur svn autoconf sources)

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Dec 16 18:24:43 UTC 2015

> On 16 Dec 2015, at 18:43, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:
>

> Research found this was due AC_TRY_RUN being impossible when
> cross-compiling [1]

1.) one can give autoconf cached values (either through parameters or through
a file). In OpenEmbedded/Yocto we maintain such files for some results (none for
netbsd). The next link is just a random one.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/site/common-glibc

2.) I had sent patches to be able to run autoreconf some years back. In the past
we patched autoconf to make the sizeof test by compiling an array and then using
objdump to inspect it. I think newer versions of autoconf make that by default without
running it.

I hope the above is helpful.

holger