[Vm-dev] pluginizing Galois Fields

Robert Withers robert.w.withers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 22:17:05 UTC 2015

I hope you don't mind if I share my thoughts about this. This is not the
first time I saw this mutation succeed...I believe it is the third time,
now. Clearly a byte is damaged or is it? There is the chance of the
identity mutation, whereby the same value is set. It has happened 3 time
out of 30 bytes, not unreasonable. Sorry to take away the magic!

However, due to 18 bytes being turned into 30 bytes, then back again,
there may be capacity. After the back again, only then will Euclid get
his shot to fix outright errors, but due to the increased information in
the 30 bytes, I am thinking that some degree of flexibility to correct
may exist. I suppose that's up to the mathematics of GFs.

If not, I wonder if there's a Vatrix, super-imposition overlay
mathematics that combines this approach with an inside approach.

best,
robert

--
. .. .. ^,^ robert