[Vm-dev] Tasks of the heartbeat code

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Dec 25 21:42:06 UTC 2015

> On 25 Dec 2015, at 22:03, Holger Freyther <holger at freyther.de> wrote:
>

> This _never_ happens. It means that at least one part of the system is driven by
> delays. That is a bit unfortunate for network systems (e.g. unless I use RFB I do
> not need to have Morph update)

	"And signal when the next request is due. We sleep at most 1sec here
	as a soft busy-loop so that we don't accidentally miss signals."

Both Pharo and Squeak seem to do that. This looks a bit odd and I wonder if anybody
remembers if there have been issues with the wakeup in the past?

kind regards and I wish all of you a happy holiday season

	holger

PS: With the Cogit/StackInterpreter (not spur) I seem to end up having the wrong
receiver in top of stack. I don't know if that is a Pharo/Opal issue or something with
the VM itself.