[Vm-dev] Can't build current #3262 cog vm on ubuntu 14 vmware hosted system

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Feb 27 01:20:41 UTC 2015

After completely rebuilding a new ubuntu vmware setup and loading a gazillion packages I can build a cog vm that runs and finds the display module.
BUT I had to de-hack the midi plugin code so that the real midi stuff wasn’t included becasue despite having the libasound2-dev package a whole load of seq_blah-blah references were missing. Googling shows quite a few other people have had similar looking problems but nothing that made me think “ah-hah, load package X”. And yet on Raspbian, the midi plugin builds...

No improvement in the building of a debug vm though.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- ALOHA OY - Love; greetings; farewell; from such a pain you should never know